Starting a Small Business in Bexar County
Have you ever thought about starting your own business? In a recent study by the U.S. Small Business Administration, there were over 30 million small businesses in the United States. You could be part of that amazing sector of the economy! The Bexar County Small Business & Entrepreneurship Department (SBED) and BiblioTech are here to help you get started.
Join SBED at BiblioTech locations for workshops over how to start your own business in Bexar County. Some of the things the workshop will cover include:
- How To Start, Manage, and Grow
- What You Need To Know
- How To Find Information & Resources
- Info on Doing Business with Bexar County
The next workshop will be held at BiblioTech East on Thursday, September 12 from 1 to 3pm. Can't make it thisThursday? That's okay! We will be hosting the Starting a Business Workshop at BiblioTech South on Thursday, September 19 from 5 to 7pm. You can also join us in October. Our schedule will be:
- October 1: Workshop at BiblioTech West from 10am to 12pm
- October 10: Workshop at BiblioTech East from 1 to 3pm
- October 17: Workshop at BiblioTech South from 5 to 7pm
BiblioTech and SBED both offer amazing resources for small business owners, as well as those thinking about starting a small business. Visit www.bexar.org/SBED to see the many Bexar County Small Business & Entrepreneurship Department resources. From BiblioTech, we recommend:
- Lynda.com Business Training Section
- Courses in business, including a Become a Small Business Owner path, all taught by experts.
- The Business Skills section of Universal Class
- Interactive courses in business with assignments and feedback from experts. Includes basic classes on business budgeting, branding and much more.
BiblioTech also offers many business ebooks and audiobooks on our cloudLibrary app. Be sure to also check out the San Antonio office of the U.S. Small Business Administration for even more resources.